It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
What we do
With a focus on developing greater empathy, citizenship, sustainability, agency, and entrepreneurship within school learners, Plant the Seed Education works in partnership with schools to co-create a pedagogy and culture of teaching and learning.
We are committed to creating and providing influential educational tools, content and experiential platforms for teachers to immerse their learners in real-world challenges and support their development in becoming conscious, courageous, and connected custodians of a future world.
21st Century Skillsets
Entrepreneurship SkillsetsThe curriculum fills a vacuum in school education for entrepreneurship skillsets, specifically in response to societal and environmental challenges, as there is a huge gap between a school system’s offering of theoretical learning and the actual context and experience of reality.
Experiential LearningExperiential learning is at the heart of all sessions, which promotes head-heart connection.
Thinking & SolutionsThe various modules expose youth to innovative thinking processes and promotes holistic solutions.
Paradigm ShiftIt encourages youth to think critically about problems and inspires a fundamental shift in how youth think about the world.
Career OpportunitiesYouth are introduced to relevant, appropriate career opportunities that will be required in the future (e.g. biomimicry architect, solar and water engineers)
Creating SolutionsThe sessions provide feedback loops for students to express their imagination, creativity and create potential solutions for human problems.
This dynamic programme enlightens young minds around how to be water and eco-wise, close loops and turn trash into treasure. Our practical approach allows them to get their hands dirty as they learn how to make their homes and schools more holistic and sustainable.
- Our Water (smart saving, grey water systems).
- Our Waste (prash to treasure, ECO-bricking, UP-cycling).
- The Garden (permaculture, rewilding, green corridors).
- Our Food (compost systems, worm farms, planting seedlings).
- Our Habits (consumer choices, carbon footprints).
- Our Home (solutions for the home, creative design).
- Platform for learners to practice being a ‘Solutionary’.
- Platform for learners to gain a holistic understanding (systems thinking) of what ‘sustainability’ is.
- Platform for learners to critically think about their lifestyles, consumption and disposal habits, and how this links to sustainability.
- Platform for learners to creatively reinvent their lifestyles and homes to be sustainable.
A dynamic programme, based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), that enlightens young minds around climate change and food security. They get their hands dirty, learn how to grow a food garden and start their journey of living more sustainably.
- Food security.
- Sustainable Development Goals.
- Permaculture design & principals.
- Organic farming.
- Fertility systems.
- Platform for learners to gain a holistic understanding (systems thinking) of food systems.
- Platform for learners to critically think about food systems, food security, and their roles in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Platform for learners to creatively rethink food systems and food security through Permaculture Design Principals.
- Platform for learners to practice being a solutionary by getting their hands dirty and planting a permaculture designed food system.